First Five For The World
Like many emerging, socially conscious brands, we are beyond motivated to do our part for causes we believe in. As such, we decided to create a program that we call First Five For The World: https://firstfivefortheworld.org
First Five For The World is our commitment to donate 5% of all (profitable) sales to non-profits benefiting animals, people, and the environment. We are open to other companies adopting our initiative and find it a very clear, open, direct and measurable way to show our impact.
The non-profits that we choose to partner with meet the following criteria:
- Meet the goals of our First Five For The World program,
- Earned a generally positive and high rating on Charity Navigator, and
- Reasonable executive compensation.
- Farm Sanctuary: https://www.farmsanctuary.org/
- Compassion Over Killing: http://cok.net/
- Toronto Vegetarian Food Bank: http://tvfb.ca/
- Mercy For Animals: https://www.mercyforanimals.org/
- India Development and Relief Fund: http://www.idrf.org/
Sidebar: You may have noticed that we do not yet have an environmental non-profit on our list. We have not found one that meets our criteria. In almost every case where we have researched a non-profit that benefits the environment, we have found executive compensation that ranges from $300,000 to $600,000 or is greater than 1% of revenue. We find these numbers unacceptable.
We've also (financially) adopted a rooster from one of our favorite places, Farm Sanctuary. A picture of Li Mu Bai (yes his name comes from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon) is on our homepage.
We also donate to:
- PETA: https://www.peta.org/,
- Wishing Well Sanctuary: http://www.wishingwellsanctuary.org/
- Woodstock Farm Sanctuary: http://woodstocksanctuary.org/
- Other pro-animal non-profits, ASHA (education for children) and fruit and granola bars to homeless folks everywhere we go.
Forest Man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkZDSqyE1do